Halifax County family of eight looking for new home after fire Wednesday
Fire believed to have started in electrical outlet
HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. – A Halifax County family will likely be without a home this Christmas after a fire destroyed the family's home last week.
The fire at 1085 Powell Lane broke out Wednesday.
The family was not home at the time, but said the fire is believed to have started in an electrical outlet.
A GoFundMe account has been set up and people have been quick to donate money, clothes and other items.
As of Monday, Patty Chappell, the mother of the family, said food was needed most.
"We don't even own salt and pepper. You sit down and go make a meal and you're, like, 'Wow, I can't even season anything because it's all gone.' Those things, like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise," Chappell said.
You can contact the family by phone at 434-728-7289.
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.