No one hurt in Forest house fire
Homeowner able to safely escape
FOREST, Va. – A fire damaged a home in Forest Monday afternoon.
The owner of the home on Elk Ridge Road said the fire started in the chimney and badly damaged the home.
The fire started in the attic, according to Monty Coleman, district fire chief with the Forest Fire Department.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they had to break down the ceiling and were able to contain the flames to the attic and the second floor.
"I would say it was an excellent knockdown by the first in engine company. Then four minutes later, the county, they got here. The ladder truck got here and did their searches. As we do in the county, it's a team effort," said Coleman.
The homeowner was inside at the time of the fire but he was able to escape safely.
Copyright 2018 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.