46ºF

Fire at Jefferson Ridge Townhomes started in kitchen

No one injured in fire, Forest Volunteer Fire Department officials say

Courtesy of Forest Volunteer Fire Department: @FVFD51
Courtesy of Forest Volunteer Fire Department: @FVFD51

FOREST, Va. – Forest Volunteer Fire Department says a fire reported at Jefferson Ridge Townhomes was caused by a kitchen appliance.

According to the department's Facebook, crews arrived at the scene smelling smoke.

Crews had to force their way into the home.

Fire officials say no injuries were reported.