MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – If you had plans to head to the Myrtle Beach area this weekend, you may want to reschedule.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control has issued swim advisories for 200 above and below the following areas:
- 17th Avenue South in North Myrtle Beach
- 33rd Avenue South in North Myrtle Beach
- Swash at Myrtle Beach State Park in Horry County
- 16th Avenue North in Surfside Beach
- 11th Avenue North in Surfside Beach
- 3rd Avenue South in Surfside Beach
The advisories were put in place due to bacteria levels that are above state and federal standards.
Officials say that this is not a beach closure and that it is safe to wade, collect shells and fish within the above areas.