Coupons and comparison shopping are two ways to save, but another is to make the things you buy last longer.
Here are some money-saving tips:
- Freezing a candle a day before you use it will make it burn slower.
- Cut sponges in half to get twice as much use out of them.
- Storing things like salsa and spaghetti sauce upside-down will prevent mold.
- Putting a paper towel in with your salad will keep it fresh longer.
- Keep your hand off cheese when you cut it because bacteria from your fingers promotes mold growth.
- If your toothpaste is gone, cut the tube open.
- Dry your razor after using it to make it last longer. You can also keep it sharp by rubbing it on an old piece of denim.
- Try using half as much laundry detergent. It will probably work just as well.