63ºF

Smoking materials in mulch cause of Roanoke TGI Fridays fire

Paul Eldert / WSLS 10
Paul Eldert / WSLS 10

ROANOKE, Va. – The TGI Fridays near the Valley View Mall in Roanoke may not be able to re-open for a day or two, according to Chief David Hoback. 

Authorities say they received a call for the fire around 7:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Roanoke Fire EMS says the fire was started because of improperly discarded smoking materials in mulch.

No one was hurt during the incident. 

Valley View Boulevard is open again.