Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHY BOLTON’S ASSERTION MATTERS The former national security adviser alleges in a new book that Trump tied the suspension of security aid to Ukraine to political investigations, something the president and his lawyers insisted never happened.
2. VIRUS DEATH TOLL RISES China's death toll from a new viral disease exceeds 100, prompting Hong Kong's leader to suspend all rail links to the mainland beginning on Friday.
3. ‘EVERYBODY IS SCARED’ While richer countries prepare to evacuate some citizens from China, a Tanzanian student has become an accidental leader for hundreds of African peers with little chance of a similar escape, AP learns.
4. WHAT PILOTS ARE SAYING ABOUT KOBE BRYANT CRASH Even experienced helicopter pilots may have only seconds to act when they are blinded by weather such as the conditions that may have contributed to the crash that killed the retired NBA star and eight others.
5. WHITE HOUSE TO UNVEIL MIDEAST PEACE PLAN Odds of it taking shape appear long, given the Palestinians' preemptive rejection of the plan and Trump's and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's shaky political standings.
6. ISLAMIC STATE GROUP EYEING COMEBACK Tensions between Washington and Tehran and the resulting clash over the U.S. military presence in the Middle East provides a comeback opportunity for the extremist group, experts say.
7. WHO'S BANKING ON SUPER TUESDAY Democratic presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg is bypassing the first four voting states to focus on the 14 states that vote on March 3.
8. WEINSTEIN TRIAL PICKS UP PACE Three more accusers are expected to testify in the closely watched #Metoo era rape trial of the disgraced Hollywood mogul.
9. IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN The IRS begins accepting and processing tax returns for individuals and there are a few tweaks to be aware of.
10. FEDERER SURVIVES 7 MATCH POINTS TO ADVANCE The 20-time major champion outlasts Tennys Sandgren of the United States in five sets to reach the semifinals of the Australian Open.