With snow in the forecast WSLS 10 News want to help you prepare before the storm. With closures and delays expected throughout the weekend 10 News wants to remind viewers how to use our automated closure system online to help local organizations, churches and schools know if plans change.
Click here if you're looking to register your school/business/church/etc. into our closings system.
Click here to learn about changes in the system from last year.
In order to update your status through our phone or web-based system, you MUST have your organization ID number AND your password. You may request an ID and password using the form at the bottom of this page.
If you've previously requested an ID and password, you will receive a response to your request via mail or e-mail within 10 days.
There are two ways to report a closing or delay using our system:
1. Use the automated phone system:
- Dial 540-581-1010
- You will be prompted to enter your organization ID number and then your password
- You will then be asked if you want to change the status. After your response, you will be asked to enter the closing code status that best fits your situation
- The changes you make will take effect on air immediately
- Click here for a list of closing status codes
2. Use the website: https://closings.wsls.com (Please note: the 's' in 'https' is necessary)
- Enter your organization ID number and password
- Click "Change Status" to the right of your Organization ID and Password
- Select the closing status from the drop-down that reads "Make Status In-active."
- Optional: Select a time and date you would like the message to expire
- For example: if you are closing a school at 2 p.m. on the same day you are entering the closing, you may change the expiration date and time to reflect 4 p.m. on the same day.
- Click "Change Status" below the expiration date
We no longer accept "Status 2" entries to our system
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.