73ºF

No one hurt after car, house catch on fire in Danville

DANVILLE, Va. – No one is hurt after a house fire in Danville on Wednesday.

Crews responded to a reported vehicle fire just after 4:30 p.m. in the 1300 block of Westover Drive. They arrived and found heavy smoke and fire coming out of a house and carport.

A car near a carport caught on fire due to a “shorted out battery," and then the fire to spread to the house, according to the Danville Fire Department.

The homeowner got out safely, authorities say.

The fire department says the fire was under control at 5:19 pm.

The car is a total loss and the house sustained heat and smoke damage, according to the Danville Fire Department.

Crews responded to a house fire in Danville on Wednesday evening in the 1300 block of Westover Drive.
Crews responded to a house fire in Danville on Wednesday evening in the 1300 block of Westover Drive. (Photo: River City TV)

About the Author: