No one hurt in Roanoke house fire
Fire caused by faulty wiring
ROANOKE, Va. – Officials say no one was hurt after a house fire in Roanoke on Monday afternoon.
Fire crews were dispatched to the 600 block of Allison Ave SW just before 4:45 p.m., according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.
At 4:43pm, Roanoke Fire-EMS was dispatched to the 600 block of Allison Ave SW for a fire. When units arrived they found a residential structure with smoke showing. Residents were alerted to the fire by a neighbor who noticed the smoke. pic.twitter.com/g9SKiyU0S5— Roanoke Fire-EMS (@RoanokeFireEMS) March 9, 2020
A neighbor noticed smoke coming out of the house and alerted those inside, who were able to get out safely, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.
The residents were displaced by the fire and Red Cross Virginia is assisting them.
The fire was accidental and caused by faulty wiring, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS. Damage is estimated to be around $25,000.
After Monday’s Allison Ave fire, Roanoke Fire-EMS shared a reminder that it is illegal to drive over a fire hose. They say that while it hasn’t happened recently, a number of “close calls” prompted the reminder.
Copyright 2020 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.