CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. – Thankfully, everyone is safe after a massive house fire in Campbell County on Tuesday afternoon.
Crews responded to a home on Addie Way that caught fire at about 2:30 p.m.
It’s believed that the cause of the fire was the grill on the home’s back deck.
“Talking with some neighboring departments, apparently we’ve been having a lot of fires start in the grease trap on the grills,” Lyn Dan Heights Fire Chief Matt Crouch said. “So you want to make sure that’s clean and keep (the grill) as far away from the house as you can, that’s the biggest thing. pay attention to the wind conditions as well.”
The fire is now out and crews have left the scene.
The vinyl siding on the house next door was melted off, but that home is still livable.