65ºF

Campbell County home a total loss after fire

Everyone was safely able to get out of the home

CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. – Thankfully, everyone is safe after a massive house fire in Campbell County on Tuesday afternoon.

Crews responded to a home on Addie Way that caught fire at about 2:30 p.m.

Campbell County house fire

Colter Anstaett WSLS 10 News is at the scene where a Campbell County home is a total loss after a fire this afternoon.

Posted by WSLS 10 / WSLS.com on Tuesday, July 28, 2020

It’s believed that the cause of the fire was the grill on the home’s back deck.

“Talking with some neighboring departments, apparently we’ve been having a lot of fires start in the grease trap on the grills,” Lyn Dan Heights Fire Chief Matt Crouch said. “So you want to make sure that’s clean and keep (the grill) as far away from the house as you can, that’s the biggest thing. pay attention to the wind conditions as well.”

The fire is now out and crews have left the scene.

The vinyl siding on the house next door was melted off, but that home is still livable.


About the Author: