No one hurt after house fire in northeast Roanoke

Cause deemed accidental

Crews are on the scene of a house fire in northeast Roanoke (WSLS)

UPDATE

Authorities said the cause of a house fire in northeast Roanoke was deemed accidental.

According to the fire department, no one was inside the home because it was being renovated at the time. Workers reportedly noticed the fire and then called 911.


ORIGINAL STORY

Crews are currently working to put out a fire in northeast Roanoke, according to authorities.

Crews responded to a call for a fire in the 500 block of Light Street NE just before 1 p.m., according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.

Authorities said that when crews arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the roof line of the home.

According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, crews are working to put out the fire as of 1:15 p.m.

10 News has a crew on the way to the scene to learn more.

Stay with 10 News as this breaking news develops.


About the Author: