LYNCHBURG, Va. – Police have arrested a man and four boys in connection with an armed robbery on Friday evening on Langhorne Road.
At 6:37 p.m., officers responded to the 2000 block of Langhorne Road for a reported assault.
Officers responded to find that a juvenile male had been robbed at gunpoint by a group of five individuals and that while at gunpoint, he was punched and kicked by others, according to the Lynchburg Police Department.
At 11:12 p.m., about 6 miles away, officers responded to the 6200 block of Old Mill Road for a report of a large disorderly group potentially involving the individuals who conducted the armed robbery earlier that night.
Officers were able to deescalate the situation and shortly thereafter, one adult and four juveniles were taken into custody, according to police.
Detectives and officers recovered three firearms, cocaine, and property stolen from the victim on Langhorne Road.
All five arrested were each charged with assault by mob, robbery, grand larceny and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Reginald Patterson III, 18, of Lynchburg, does not face any other charges, however, the four boys arrested do, their additional charges are listed below:
- A 14-year-old boy is also charged with two counts of possession of a firearm by someone under the age of 18
- A 15-year-old boy is also charged with two counts of possession of a firearm by someone under the age of 18, possession of a controlled substance and providing a false identity to law enforcement
- He was also wanted out of Henrico County for a probation violation
- A 16-year-old juvenile male is also charged with possession of a firearm by someone under the age of 18
- A 17-year-old boy is also charged with possession of a firearm by someone under the age of 18
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Det. Miller at 434-455-6160 or Crime Stoppers at 1-888-798-5900. Those with information can also enter an anonymous tip online at http://p3tips.com or use the P3 app on a mobile device.