As snow continues to fall across much of the Commonwealth, Virginia State Police is busy responding to hundreds of crashes and disabled vehicles.
Since 12:01 a.m. Sunday, VSP has already responded to 369 traffic crashes and 282 stuck vehicles. Authorities say during this reported time period, there were no traffic fatalities and most accidents resulted in damaged vehicles.
Here’s a look at how many traffic crashes and stuck vehicles VSP has responded to as of 4:30 p.m. in each division:
- Richmond Division: 28 Disabled Vehicles & 118 Traffic Crashes
- Culpeper Division: 37 Disabled Vehicles & 29 Traffic Crashes
- Appomattox Division: 41 Disabled Vehicles & 43 Traffic Crashes
- Wytheville Division: 55 Disabled Vehicles & 59 Traffic Crashes
- Chesapeake Division: 25 Disabled Vehicles & 26 Traffic Crashes
- Salem Division: 60 Disabled Vehicles & 53 Traffic Crashes
- Fairfax Division: 36 Disabled Vehicles & 41 Traffic Crashes
Authorities urge drivers to avoid travel Sunday and overnight into Monday, especially along I-81, so that VDOT crews can treat the roads.