Man transported to hospital following Danville house fire

 

DANVILLE (WSLS 10) - The Danville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 719 E. Green St. at 1:25 Sunday morning.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze and did not find anyone inside while they searched the home.

The Danville Fire Department said after the search was completed, a man told crews he had been inside the house and requested to be transported to Danville Regional Medical Center.

He was transported with a non-life threatening injury.

The fire was started in the kitchen and the cause was electrical, according to the department.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the home's two residents.  

Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved