RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 49,397 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of June 6.
Here is a breakdown of the 865 new coronavirus cases in Virginia:
- 152 new cases in Fairfax County
- 102 new cases in Loudon County
- 91 new cases in Prince William County
- 65 new cases in Richmond City
- 50 new cases in Henrico County
- 36 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 25 new cases in Alexandria City
- 24 new cases in Manassas City
- 22 new cases in Arlington County
- 19 new cases in Spotsylvania County
- 15 new cases in Stafford County
- 14 new cases in, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach
- 11 new cases in Rockingham County
- 10 new cases in Greenville County and Portsmouth
- 8 new cases in Manassas Park
- 7 new cases in Roanoke City, Winchester, Louisa county, Powhatan County
- 6 new cases in Harrisonburg, Fauquier County, Martinsville, Fredericksburg, Montgomery County
- 5 new cases in Frederick County, Culpeper County, Newport News, Isle of Wight County, Dinwiddie County
- 4 new cases in Henry County, Albemarle County, Hopewell, Petersburg, Patrick County, Nottoway County, Page County, Shenandoah County, Carolina County, Prince George County, Bedford County, Botetourt County, New Kent County
- 3 new cases in Wythe County, Carrol County, Galax, Roanoke County, Amelia County, Pulaski County, Rappahannock County, York County, Greene County
- 2 new cases in Warren County, Norfolk, Emporia Buckingham County, Northampton County, Grayson County, Mecklenburg County, Prince Edward County, Alleghany County, Richmond County, Hanover County
- 1 new case in Accomack County, Westermoreland County, Sussex County, Salem, Suffolk, Augusta County, King George County, Fairfax City, Waynesboro, King William County, King and Queen County, Tazewell County, Craig County, Franklin County, Lynchburg, Radford
- Staunton is reporting one less case. Orange County is reporting two less cases. The Virginia Department of Health has previously told 10 News that, numbers on the website are preliminary, and changes of this nature are due to inaccurate residency information that was later corrected.”
Saturday’s total of 49,397 marks an increase from Friday’s total of 48,532, Thursday’s total of 47,856, Wednesday’s total of 46,905, Tuesday’s total of 46,239, Monday’s total of 45,398 Sunday’s total of 44,607 and Saturday’s total of 43,611 cases.
As of Saturday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 414,383 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.