RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 51,738 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of June 9.
Tuesday’s total of 51,738 makes an increase from Monday’s total of 51,251, Sunday’s total of 50,681, Saturday’s total of 49,397, Friday’s total of 48,532, Thursday’s total of 47,856 and Wednesday’s total of 46,905.
Here is a breakdown of the 487 new cases in Virginia:
- 92 new cases in Fairfax County
- 76 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 58 new cases in Prince William County
- 27 new cases in Loudoun County
- 22 new cases in Greensville County
- 18 new cases in Henrico County
- 16 new cases in Richmond City
- 13 new cases in Alexandria City
- 9 new cases in Arlington County, Stafford County and Chesapeake
- 8 new cases in Portsmouth and Carroll County
- 7 new cases in Rockingham County, Norfolk and James City County
- 6 new cases in Manassas City
- 5 new cases in Spotsylvania County, Virginia Beach, Roanoke City, Culpeper County and Henry County
- 4 new cases in Harrisonburg, Frederick County, Isle of Wight County, Caroline County, Roanoke County and Hanover County
- 3 new cases in Winchester, Albemarle County, Petersburg, Shenandoah County, Prince George County, Buckingham County and Colonial Heights
- 2 new cases in Fauquier County, Bedford County, Wythe County, Warren County, Emporia, Williamsburg and Charlottesville
- 1 new case in Montgomery County, Newport News, Dinwiddie County, Page County, New Kent County, Galax, Amelia County, Rappahannock County, Northampton County, Grayson County, Westmoreland County, Salem, Augusta County, King George County, Waynesboro, Franklin County, Lynchburg, Goochland County, Charlotte County, Hampton, Lunenburg County and Orange County
As of Tuesday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 435,575 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.