RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 78,375 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of July 20.
Monday’s total of 78,375 marks an increase from Sunday’s total of 77,430 cases.
Here is a breakdown of the 945 new coronavirus cases in Virginia:
- 110 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 73 new cases in Chesapeake
- 59 new cases in Norfolk
- 56 new cases in Fairfax County
- 55 new cases in Newport News
- 43 new cases in Portsmouth
- 38 new cases in Prince William County
- 32 new cases in Suffolk
- 25 new cases in Richmond and Chesterfield County
- 23 new cases in Loudoun County
- 22 new cases in Hampton and Roanoke
- 21 new cases in Henrico County
- 18 new cases in Charlottesville
- 15 new cases in James City County, Pittsylvania County and Lynchburg
- 12 new cases in Albemarle County, Alexandria, Isle of Wight County and Rockingham County
- 10 new cases in York County and Bedford County
- 9 new cases in Stafford County and Frederick County
- 8 new cases in Danville, Roanoke County, Amherst County, Warren County and Nottoway County
- 6 new cases in Spotsylvania County and Gloucester County
- 5 new cases in Culpeper County, Shenandoah County and Appomattox County
- 4 new cases in Arlington County, Montgomery County, Hanover County, Franklin City, Louisa County, Galax and Smyth County
- 3 new cases in Manassas, Prince George County, Brunswick County, Mecklenburg County, Wythe County, Halifax County, Winchester, Hopewell, Campbell County, Orange County, Harrisonburg, Northumberland County, Southampton County, Augusta County, Greene County, Lee County and Clarke County
- 2 new cases in Fauquier County, Tazewell County, New Kent County, Bristol, Buckingham County, Salem, Essex County, Mathews County, Wise County, Richmond County, Prince Edward County and Middlesex County
- 1 new case in Petersburg, Washington County, Grayson County, Surry County, Manassas Park, Page County, King William County, Sussex County, Accomack County, Dinwiddie County, Pulaski County, Poquoson, Russell County, Staunton, Rockbridge County, Fluvanna County, Northampton County, Greensville County, Botetourt County, Colonial Heights, Falls Church, Norton, Lunenburg County and Buchanan County
- Rappahannock County has decreased by two cases
As of Monday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,011,742 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.