RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 82,364 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of July 24.
Friday’s total of 82,364 marks an increase from Thursday’s total of 81,237 cases.
Here is a breakdown of the new coronavirus cases in Virginia:
- 105 new cases in Fairfax County
- 93 new cases in Norfolk
- 89 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 64 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 51 new cases in Henrico County
- 50 new cases in Portsmouth
- 49 new cases in Prince William County
- 48 new cases in Newport News
- 36 new cases in Hampton and Suffolk
- 23 new cases in Alexandria
- 20 new cases in Charlottesville
- 18 new cases in Patrick County
- 16 new cases in Richmond
- 14 new cases in Albemarle County
- 13 new cases in James City County
- 12 new cases in Washington County and Frederick County
- 11 new cases in Loudoun County and Smyth County
- 9 new cases in Shenandoah County
- 8 new cases in Sussex County
- 7 new cases in Hanover County, Arlington County, Brunswick County, Roanoke County and Southampton County
- 6 new cases in Lynchburg, Stafford County, Waynesboro, Roanoke City, Isle of Wight, County, Greene County, Manassas, Carroll County and Galax
- 5 new cases in Bedford County, Franklin County, Campbell County and Petersburg
- 4 new cases in New Kent County, Fredericksburg, Surry County, Prince George County, Amherst County, Staunton, Greensville County and Danville
- 3 new cases in Gloucester County, Lee County, Orange County, Scott County, Fluvanna County, Manassas Park, Rockingham County, Halifax County, Grayson County, Colonial Heights, Bristol, Northampton County, Harrisonburg, Rappahannock County, Rockbridge County, Botetourt County and Augusta County
- 2 new cases in Henry County, Martinsville, Tazewell County, King William County, Powhatan County, Mecklenburg County, Poquoson, Russell County, Nelson County, Charlotte County, Montgomery County, Salem and Mathews County
- 1 new case in Spotsylvania County, Culpeper County, Fauquier County, Hopewell, Franklin City, Williamsburg City, Goochland County, Wythe County, Winchester, Dinwiddie County, Pittsylvania County, Louisa County, Northumberland County, Pulaski County, Essex County, Dickenson County, King George County, Radford, Covington, King and Queen County, Clarke County and Norton
- Buena Vista, Middlesex County and Fairfax all decreased by one case
As of Friday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,086,240 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.