RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 90,801 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of August 1.
Saturday’s total of 90,801 marks an increase from Friday’s total of 89,888 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s new cases:
- 123 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 73 new cases in Fairfax County
- 60 new cases in Henrico County
- 55 new cases in Prince William County
- 47 new cases in Roanoke
- 43 new cases in Richmond
- 31 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 30 new cases in Portsmouth
- 25 new cases in Suffolk and Henry County
- 19 new cases in Loudoun County
- 18 new cases in Prince Edward County
- 16 new cases in Newport News
- 15 new cases in Stafford County
- 14 new cases in Danville
- 13 new cases in Alexandria, Spotsylvania County and Pittsylvania County
- 12 new cases in Chesapeake and Petersburg
- 11 new cases in Lynchburg
- 10 new cases in Frederick County
- 9 new cases in Arlington County and Martinsville
- 8 new cases in Rockingham County, Fredericksburg and Shenandoah County
- 7 new cases in Bedford County, York County, Roanoke County, Caroline County and Brunswick County
- 6 new cases in Isle of Wight County, Harrisonburg and Albemarle County
- 5 new cases in Norfolk, Charlottesville, Campbell County, Tazewell County, Smythe County, Wise County, Franklin County and Halifax County
- 4 new cases in Lee County, Culpeper County and Hanover County
- 3 new cases in Manassas, James City County, Amherst County, Orange County, Greensville County, Patrick County, Prince George County, Colonial Heights, Accomack County and Greene County
- 2 new cases in Hampton, Montgomery County, Bristol, Washington County, Southampton County, Scott County, Augusta County, Nottoway County, Wythe County, Gloucester County, King George County, Northumberland County, Williamsburg, Norton, Mecklenburg County, Emporia, Lancaster County, Surry County and Richmond County
- 1 new case in Grayson County, Manassas Park, Carroll County, Franklin, New Kent County, Madison County, Charles City County, Dinwiddie County, Dickenson County, Floyd County, Goochland County, Buckingham County, Essex County, Fauquier County, Staunton, Sussex County, Amelia County, Craig County, Louisa County, Lexington, Middlesex County, Mathews County, Page County and Fairfax
As of Saturday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,229,025 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.