RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 95,867 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of August 6.
Thursday’s total of 95,867 marks an increase from Wednesday’s total of 95,049 cases.
Here is a breakdown of the 818 new coronavirus cases across Virginia:
- 75 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 68 new cases in Fairfax County
- 47 new cases in Chesapeake
- 46 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 41 new cases in Roanoke
- 33 new cases in Richmond and Loudoun County
- 31 new cases in Spotsylvania County and Mecklenburg County
- 28 new cases in Henrico County
- 24 new cases in Prince William County
- 17 new cases in Suffolk
- 16 new cases in Arlington County and Stafford County
- 15 new cases in Alexandria
- 13 new cases in Culpeper County, Portsmouth and Henry County
- 12 new cases in Prince George County and Washington County
- 11 new cases in Lynchburg and Roanoke County
- 9 new cases in Pittsylvania County and Salem
- 8 new cases in Danville, Fredericksburg and Campbell County
- 7 new cases Albemarle County, Amherst County, Botetourt County and Patrick County
- 6 new cases in Bedford County
- 5 new cases in Isle of Wight County, Montgomery County, Petersburg, Rockingham County, Dickenson County, Manassas and Martinsville
- 4 new cases in Hanover County, Fauquier County, Smyth County, Carroll County and Goochland County
- 3 new cases in Norfolk, Greensville County, York County, Scott County, Prince Edward County, Tazewell County, Shenandoah County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Pulaski County and Amelia County
- 2 new cases in Newport news, Hampton, James City County, Dinwiddie County, Russell County, Frederick County, Floyd County, Southampton County, Sussex County, Appomattox County, Surry County, Nelson County and Radford
- 1 new case in Franklin, Charlottesville, Wise County, Greene County, Harrisonburg, Brunswick County, Lee County, Hopewell, Bristol, New Kent County, Emporia, Colonial Heights, Orange County, Middlesex County, Buchanan County, Cumberland County, Manassas Park, Buckingham County, Caroline County, Matthews County, King George County, Craig County, Warren County, Covington, Bland County, Alleghany County, Falls Church and Richmond County
- Augusta County, Staunton, Fairfax and Lunenburg County have decreased by one case
- Page County has decreased by two cases
As of Thursday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,299,257 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.