RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 102,521 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of August 12.
Wednesday’s total of 102,521 marks an increase from Tuesday’s total of 101,745 cases.
Here is a breakdown of the 776 new coronavirus cases:
- 98 new cases in Fairfax County
- 50 new cases in Chesapeake
- 39 new cases in Prince William County
- 36 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 32 new cases in Greensville County
- 28 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 26 new cases in Loudoun County
- 22 new cases in Spotsylvania County and Portsmouth
- 20 new cases in Henrico County
- 19 new cases in Richmond, Alexandria and Stafford County
- 18 new cases in Suffolk
- 17 new cases in Newport News
- 16 new cases in Hampton
- 15 new cases in Henry County and Norfolk
- 13 new cases in Floyd County, Arlington County and Wise County
- 11 new cases in Isle of Wight County and Southampton County
- 10 new cases in Lynchburg
- 9 new cases in Pittsylvania County
- 8 new cases in Albemarle County, Prince George County and Fredericksburg
- 7 new cases in Rockingham County
- 6 new cases in Washington County
- 5 new cases in Petersburg, Montgomery County, Augusta County, Lee County and Louisa County
- 4 new cases in Danville, Manassas, Roanoke, Martinsville, Charlottesville, Gloucester County, Russell County, Hanover County, King George County and Roanoke County
- 3 new cases in Bedford County, Bland County, James City County, Franklin, Hopewell, Smyth County, Wythe County and Colonial Heights
- 2 new cases in Shenandoah County, Greene County, Accomack County, Sussex County, Fluvanna County, Nelson County, Manassas Park, Powhatan County, Caroline County, Radford, Goochland County, Halifax County, Brunswick County, Emporia, Lunenburg County and Buena Vista
- 1 new case in Amherst County, Carroll County, York County, Mecklenburg County, Franklin County, Essex County, Fairfax City, Westmoreland County, Page County, Botetourt County, New Kent County, Madison County, Dickenson County, Appomattox County, Harrisonburg, Lancaster County, Frederick County, Giles County, Galax, Orange County, King William County, Buckingham County, Tazewell County, Cumberland County, Charlotte County, Amelia County, Clarke County, Rockbridge County, Winchester and Falls Church
- Surry County has decreased by one case
- Campbell County has decreased by two cases
As of Wednesday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,394,823 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.