RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 2, Virginia is now reporting 122,542 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Wednesday’s total of 122,542 marks an increase from Tuesday’s total of 121,615 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s 927 new cases:
- 98 new cases in Fairfax County
- 73 new cases in Harrisonburg
- 68 new cases in Montgomery County
- 45 new cases in Loudoun County
- 40 new cases in Prince William County and Chesterfield County
- 37 new cases in Radford
- 32 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 30 new cases in Richmond City
- 29 new cases in Newport News
- 26 new cases in Grayson County
- 23 new cases in Norfolk
- 20 new cases in Alexandria
- 19 new cases in Henrico County
- 15 new cases in Chesapeake
- 14 new cases in Suffolk
- 13 new cases in Prince George County and Charlottesville
- 12 new cases in Spotsylvania and Stafford County
- 11 new cases in Rockingham County and Pittsylvania County
- 10 new cases in Albermarle County and Prince Edward County
- 9 new cases in Fauquier, Amherst County, Arlington County and Henry County
- 8 new cases in Portsmouth, Mecklenburg County, Hampton, Bedford County and Patrick County
- 7 new cases in Surry County
- 6 new cases in Hanover County, Isle of Wight County, Washington County, Campbell County, Brunswick County and Frederick County
- 5 new cases in Danville
- 4 new cases in Lee County, Giles County, Appomattox County, Petersburg, Fredericksburg, Westmoreland County and Bristol
- 3 new cases in Manassas, Augusta County, James City County, Manassas Park, Sussex County, Alleghany County, Warren County and Bland County
- 2 new cases in Southampton County, Dinwiddie County, Shenandoah County, Wise County, Franklin County, Nottoway County, Gloucester County, Roanoke City, Tazewell County, Waynesboro, King George County, and New Kent County
- 1 new case in Lynchburg, Carroll County, Franklin City, Smyth County, Colonial Heights, Winchester, York County, Wythe County, Buckingham County, Essex County, Pulaski County, Emporia, Orange County, Russell County, Caroline County, Lancaster County, Louisa County, Powhatan County, Botetourt County, Martinsville, Northumberland County, Galax, Dickenson County, Fluvanna County, Clarke County, Page County, Norton and Floyd County
Rockbridge is now reporting two fewer cases while Roanoke County, Fairfax City, Williamsburg and Richmond County are reporting one fewer case. The Virginia Department of Health has previously told 10 News that numbers on the website are preliminary, and changes of this nature are due to inaccurate residency information that was later corrected.
As of Wednesday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,734,390 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.