RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 3, Virginia is now reporting 123,668 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Thursday’s total of 123,668 marks an increase from Wednesday’s total of 122,542 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s 1,126 new cases:
- 80 new cases in Prince William County
- 77 new cases in Richmond City
- 65 new cases in Fairfax County
- 60 new cases in Montgomery County
- 55 new cases in Harrisonburg
- 47 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 39 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 37 new cases in Henrico County
- 36 new cases in Newport News
- 33 new cases in Chesapeake and Charlottesville
- 24 new cases in Loudoun County
- 23 new cases in Radford
- 21 new cases in Norfolk and Alexandria
- 19 new cases in Suffolk and Hampton
- 18 new cases in Arlington County
- 17 new cases in Spotsylvania County, Bedford County and Lynchburg
- 16 new cases in Pittsylvania County, Portsmouth, Hanover County and Isle of Wight County
- 14 new cases in Washington County and Danville
- 13 new cases in Prince George County, Mecklenburg County and Wythe County
- 12 new cases in Henry County and Roanoke County
- 11 new cases in Rockingham County
- 10 new cases in Southampton County
- 8 new cases in Stafford County, Albermarle County and Smyth County
- 7 new cases in Fauquier County, Campbell County, Dinwiddie County and Franklin County
- 6 new cases in Amherst County, Manassas and York County
- 5 new cases in Petersburg, James City County, Wise County, Essex County and Scott County
- 4 new cases in Surry County, Winchester, Pulaski County, Caroline County, Botetourt County, King and Queen County and Salem
- 3 new cases in Lee County, Westmoreland County, Louisa County, Northumberland County, Galax, Charlotte County and Accomack County
- 2 new cases in Prince Edward County, Patrick County, Frederick County, Appomattox County, Fredericksburg, Sussex County, Halifax County, Tazewell County, Waynesboro, New Kent County, Carroll County, Franklin City, Buckingham County, Orange County, Russell County, Fluvanna County, Culpeper County, Goochland County and King William County
- 1 new case in Brunswick County, Giles County, Augusta County, Warren County, Nottoway County, Gloucester County, King George County, Colonial Heights, Emporia, Martinsville, Page County, Poquoson, Nelson County, Covington, Madison County, Rappahannock County, Craig County, Williamsburg and Richmond County
Bristol is now reporting five fewer cases while Roanoke City is reporting four fewer cases. The Virginia Department of Health has previously told 10 News that numbers on the website are preliminary, and changes of this nature are due to inaccurate residency information that was later corrected.
As of Thursday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,749,089 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.