RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 12, Virginia is now reporting 132,940 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Saturday’s total of 132,940 marks an increase from Friday’s total of 131,640 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s 1,300 new cases:
- 136 new cases in Fairfax County
- 130 new cases in Montgomery County
- 83 new cases in Prince William County
- 53 new cases in Harrisonburg and Virginia Beach
- 50 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 41 new cases in Rockingham County
- 34 new cases in Henrico County
- 32 new cases in Loudoun County, Richmond City, and Charlottesville
- 30 new cases in Suffolk and Portsmouth
- 29 new cases in Spotsylvania County
- 22 new cases in Chesapeake, Lynchburg and Radford
- 20 new cases in Washington County
- 19 new cases in Hanover County
- 18 new cases in Norfolk
- 17 new cases in Alexandria
- 16 new cases in Hampton, Newport News and Fauquier County
- 15 new cases in Stafford County
- 13 new cases in Danville and Pulaski County
- 11 new cases in Campbell County and Middlesex County
- 10 new cases in Arlington County, Pittsylvania County, Halifax County and Henry County
- 9 new cases in Smyth County and Roanoke County
- 8 new cases in James City County
- 7 new cases in Petersburg and Augusta County
- 6 new cases in Southampton County, York County, Dinwiddie County, Albermarle County, Staunton, Floyd County, Roanoke City, Amherst County, Surry County and Prince George County
- 5 new cases in Prince Edward County, Amelia County, Carroll County, Bedford County and Hopewell
- 4 new cases in Caroline County, Isle of Wight County, Bristol, Wise County, Fluvanna County, Fredericksburg, Gloucester County and Winchester
- 3 new cases in Frederick County, Greensville County, Lancaster County, Franklin City, Waynesboro, Powhatan County, Louisa County, Northumberland County, Dickenson County and Page County
- 2 new cases in Culpeper County, Shenandoah County, Mecklenburg County, King William County, Russell County, Salem, Nottoway County, Lee County, King George County, Colonial Heights, Boeteourt County, Manassas Park, Wythe County, Giles County, Appomattox County, Warren County, Buchanan County and Manassas
- 1 new case in Brunswick County, Sussex County, Rockbridge County, Charlotte County, Clarke County, Martinsville, Richmond County, King and Queen County, Goochland County, Lexington, Essex County, Nelson County, Galax, Madison County, Patrick County, Westmoreland County and Lunenburg County
Alleghany County and Falls Church are reporting 1 fewer case. The Virginia Department of Health has previously told 10 News that numbers on the website are preliminary, and changes of this nature are due to inaccurate residency information that was later corrected.
As of Saturday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,879,908 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.