RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 19, Virginia is now reporting 139,655 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Saturday’s total of 139,655 marks an increase from Friday’s total of 138,702 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s 953 new cases:
- 114 new cases in Fairfax County
- 61 new cases in Prince William County
- 55 new cases in Roanoke
- 42 new cases in Montgomery County and Henrico County
- 34 new cases in Richmond
- 27 new cases in Charlottesville
- 24 new cases in Virginia Beach and Middlesex County
- 23 new cases in Lynchburg
- 22 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 20 new cases in Newport News
- 19 new cases in Stafford County
- 18 new cases in Loudoun County and Portsmouth
- 17 new cases in Albemarle County and Fluvanna County
- 16 new cases in Arlington County
- 15 new cases in Harrisonburg and Chesapeake
- 14 new cases in Hanover County and Washington County
- 13 new cases in Alexandria
- 12 new cases in Rockingham County and Franklin County
- 10 new cases in Roanoke County and Bedford County
- 9 new cases in Spotsylvania County, Prince George County and Sussex County
- 8 new cases in Appomattox County and Tazewell County
- 7 new cases in Isle of Wight County, Hampton, Dinwiddie County and Petersburg
- 6 new cases in Radford, Augusta County, James City County and Carroll County
- 5 new cases in Pulaski County, Henry County, Frederick County, Smyth County, Giles County, Lancaster County, Campbell County and Buchanan County
- 4 new cases in Suffolk, Southampton County, Orange County and Fauquier County
- 3 new cases in Nottoway County, Prince Edward County, Pittsylvania County, Amherst County, Culpeper County, Powhatan County, Martinsville, Hopewell, Wythe County, Surry County, York County, Warren County, Brunswick County, Lee County and Wise County
- 2 new cases in Norfolk, Northumberland County, Halifax County, King William County, Williamsburg, Manassas Park, Scott County, Franklin, Grayson County, Louisa County, Richmond County, Salem, Floyd County, Amelia County, Dickenson County and Mecklenburg County
- 1 new case in Staunton, Buckingham County, Bristol, Goochland County, Winchester, Page County, Fredericksburg, Fairfax County, Rappahannock County, Rockbridge County, Greensville County, Gloucester County, Madison County, Shenandoah County, Emporia, Botetourt County, Charles City County, New Kent County, Lunenburg County, Greene County and Caroline County
As of Saturday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,007,323 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.