RICHMOND, Va. – As of October 2, Virginia is now reporting 149,687 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Friday’s total of 149,687 marks an increase from Thursday’s total of 148,721 cases.
Here is a breakdown of the 966 new coronavirus cases in Virginia:
- 46 new cases in Fairfax County and Prince William County
- 45 new cases in Sussex County
- 43 new cases in Virginia Beach and Lynchburg
- 34 new cases in Montgomery County
- 30 new cases in Roanoke
- 29 new cases in Loudoun County
- 28 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 27 new cases in Bedford County and Pittsylvania County
- 24 new cases in Charlottesville
- 23 new cases in Newport News
- 18 new cases in Richmond and Chesapeake
- 17 new cases in Charlotte County
- 16 new cases in Albemarle County, Rockingham County and Amherst County
- 15 new cases in Henrico County, Roanoke County and Stafford County
- 14 new cases in Alexandria and Prince George County
- 12 new cases in Arlington County and Franklin County
- 11 new cases in Isle of Wight County, Hanover County, Tazewell County and Prince Edward County
- 10 new cases in Campbell County
- 9 new cases in Spotsylvania County, Norfolk and Buckingham County
- 8 new cases in Hampton, Petersburg and Mecklenburg County
- 7 new cases in Lexington, Wise County, Hopewell, Frederick County and Lancaster County
- 6 new cases in Harrisonburg, Henry County, Danville, Orange County and New Kent County
- 5 new cases in Washington County, Dinwiddie County, Fauquier County, Portsmouth, James City County, Suffolk, Lee County, Wythe County and Staunton
- 4 new cases in Russell County, Northumberland County, Southampton County, Winchester, Buchanan County and Greene County
- 3 new cases in Caroline County, Nelson County, Augusta County, Brunswick County, Williamsburg, Culpeper County, York County, Richmond County, Botetourt County, Colonial Heights, Salem, Shenandoah County and Giles County
- 2 new cases in Smyth County, Greensville County, Rockbridge County, Mathews County, Gloucester County, Carroll County, Waynesboro, Louisa County, Powhatan County, Nottoway County, Halifax County, Franklin, Floyd County and Northampton County
- 1 new case in Pulaski County, Radford, Galax, Bristol, Goochland County, King William County, Westmoreland County, Scott County, Alleghany County, King George County, Norton, Accomack County, Appomattox County, Patrick County, Surry County, Cumberland County, King and Queen County and Poquoson
- Manassas decreased by one case
As of Friday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,246,923 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.