RICHMOND, Va. – As of October 11, Virginia is now reporting 158,716 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s 811 new cases:
- 91 new cases in Fairfax County
- 44 new cases in Montgomery County
- 36 new cases in Loudon County
- 32 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 31 new cases in Prince William County
- 26 new cases in Richmond City
- 25 new cases in Lynchburg
- 24 new cases in Henrico County
- 22 new cases in Chesapeake
- 18 new cases in Roanoke City
- 17 new cases in Arlington County, Stafford County and Frederick County
- 15 new cases in Chesterfield County and Bedford County
- 14 new cases in Rockingham County and Wise County
- 12 new cases in Shenandoah County
- 11 new cases in Franklin County, Washington County and Hanover County
- 10 new cases in Spotsylvania County
- 9 new cases in Harrisonburg and Newport News
- 8 new cases in Charlottesville, Pittsylvania County, Campbell County, Greensville County, Augusta County, James City County and Smyth County
- 7 new cases in Roanoke County, Danville, Hampton, Halifax County and Wythe County
- 6 new cases in Suffolk, Tazewell County, Warren County, Waynesboro, New Kent County, Louisa County, Culpeper County and Staunton
- 5 new cases in Henry County, Amherst County, Prince George County and Fauquier
- 4 new cases in Mecklenburg County, Albermarle County, Lee County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County and Galax
- 3 new cases in Gloucester County, Russell County, Petersburg, Portsmouth, York County, Northumberland County, Westmoreland County, Grayson County, Hopewell and Pulaski County
- 2 new cases in Lexington, Mathews County, Scott County, Page County, Rockbridge County, Radford, Winchester, Caroline County, Orange County, Manassas, Carroll County, Fluvanna County, Accomack County and Norton
- 1 new case in Isle of Wight County, Franklin County, Bristol, Southampton County, Brunswick County, Botetourt County, Clarke County, Martinsville, Buchanan County, Fredericksburg, King William County, Greene County, Floyd County, Giles County, Craig County, Lancaster County, Richmond County, Emporia, Fairfax City, King George County, Middlesex County, Dickenson County and Manassas Park
Sunday’s total of 158,716 marks an increase from Saturday’s total of 157,905 cases.
As of Sunday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,431,535 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.