RICHMOND, Va. – As of October 17, Virginia is now reporting 165,238 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Saturday’s total of 165,238 marks an increase from Friday’s total of 164,124 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of Saturday’s 1,114 new cases:
- 94 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 70 new cases in Fairfax County
- 51 new cases in Loudoun County
- 42 new cases in Prince William County
- 40 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 36 new cases in Roanoke City and Montgomery County
- 30 new cases in Richmond City
- 29 new cases in Franklin County
- 27 new cases in Henrico County and Arlington County
- 24 new cases in Norfolk
- 23 new cases in Newport News and Washington County
- 22 new cases in Chesapeake
- 20 new cases in Roanoke County and Lynchburg
- 19 new cases in Danville and Petersburg
- 18 new cases in Alexandria
- 16 new cases in Prince George County and Radford
- 14 new cases in Hanover County
- 13 new cases in Bedford County, Rockingham County and Scott County
- 12 new cases in Campbell County and Pittsylvania County
- 10 new cases in Frederick County, Powhatan County, Albermarle County and Louisa County
- 9 new cases in Prince Edward County, Spotsylvania County, Russell County, Tazewell County, Shenandoah County and Augusta County
- 8 new cases in Stafford County, Lee County and Hopewell County
- 7 new cases in Hampton, Henry County, Grayson County, Wise County, Suffolk, Buchanan County and Nottoway County
- 6 new cases in Amherst County, Fauquier County, Culpeper County and Martinsville
- 5 new cases in Dinwiddie County, Winchester, Halifax County, Colonial Heights and Fairfax City
- 4 new cases in Carroll County, Page County, Southampton County, Lexington, York County, Greensville County, Smyth County, Charlotte County, Charlottesville and Patrick County
- 3 new cases in Westmoreland County, Harrisonburg, Orange County, New Kent County, Accomack County, Staunton and Galax
- 2 new cases in Salem, Appomattox County, Botetourt County, Northumberland County, Franklin City, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight County, Fluvanna County, Brunswick County, Greene County, Bristol, Mecklenburg County, James City County, Wythe County, Dickenson County, Floyd County, Manassas Park, Buckingham County, Fredericksburg, Sussex County and Pulaski
- 1 new case in Gloucester County, Manassas, Richmond County, Goochland County, Caroline County, Warren County, King and Queen County, Rockbridge County, Waynesboro, Poquoson, Craig County, Middlesex County, Giles County, Emporia, Surry County, Charles City County, Bath County and Cumberland County
King George County and Clarke County are now reporting one fewer case.
As of Saturday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,549,370 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.