RICHMOND, Va. – As of October 24, Virginia is now reporting 172,372 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Saturday’s total of 172,373 marks an increase from Friday’s total of 171,28 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of Saturday’s 1,088 new cases:
- 95 new cases in Fairfax County
- 65 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 54 new cases in Montgomery County
- 46 new cases in Roanoke City
- 39 new cases in Henrico County
- 37 new cases in Prince William County
- 36 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 33 new cases in Roanoke County
- 27 new cases in Franklin County
- 26 new cases in Loudoun County
- 24 new cases in Norfolk
- 23 new cases in Newport News and Harrisonburg
- 21 new cases in Alexandria
- 20 new cases in Arlington County and Scott County
- 17 new cases in Richmond City
- 15 new cases in Albermarle County and Wise County
- 14 new cases in Lee County
- 13 new cases in Rockingham County
- 12 new cases in Bedford County, Lynchburg, Radford and Halifax County
- 11 new cases in Hanover County, Hampton and Greene County
- 10 new cases in Spotsylvania, Chesapeake and Powhatan County
- 9 new cases in Salem and Charlotte County
- 8 new cases in Charlottesville, Carroll County and Shenandoah County
- 7 new cases in Tazewell County, Frederick County, Henry County, Isle of Wight County, Petersburg, Pittsylvania County, Mecklenburg County and Louisa County
- 6 new cases in Winchester, Augusta County, Lexington, Prince Edward County, Danville, Staunton, James City County, Richmond County and Dickenson County
- 5 new cases in Portsmouth, Amherst County, Martinsville and New Kent County
- 4 new cases in Alleghany County, Bristol, Campbell County, Caroline County, Dinwiddie County, Smyth County and Lunenburg County
- 3 new cases in Suffolk, Fauquier County, Orange County, Warren County, Hopewell, Southampton County, Wythe County, Goochland County, Emporia, Buchanan County, Patrick County, Fluvanna County, Appomattox County, Galax, York County, Nottoway County and Fredericksburg
- 2 new cases in Russell County, Prince George County, Botetourt County, Colonial Heights, Stafford County, Amelia County, Culpeper County, Williamsburg and Essex County
- 1 new case in Lancaster County, Waynesboro, Buckingham County, Brunswick County, Madison County, Gloucester County, Poquoson, Clarke County, Norton, Cumberland County, Charles City County, King George County, Sussex County, Middlesex County, Mathews County, Northampton County, Northumberland County, Highland County, Fairfax City and Pulaski County
Manassas is now reporting three fewer cases. Meanwhile, Floyd County, Grayson County, Craig County, Manassas Park, Westmoreland County, Page County and King and Queen County are all reporting one fewer case each.
As of Saturday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,681,303 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.