RICHMOND, Va. – As of October 25, Virginia is now reporting 173,371 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Sunday’s total of 173,371 marks an increase from Saturday’s total of 172,373 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of Sunday’s 999 new cases:
- 119 new cases in Fairfax County
- 54 new cases in Henrico County
- 46 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 44 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 35 new cases in Prince William County
- 34 new cases in Roanoke County
- 29 new cases in Arlington County
- 28 new cases in Washington County
- 26 new cases in Montgomery County, Richmond City, Chesapeake and Campbell County
- 24 new cases in Norfolk
- 23 new cases in Roanoke City and Lee County
- 18 new cases in Newport News and Lynchburg
- 17 new cases in Albermarle County and Bedford County
- 16 new cases in Franklin County, Alexandria and Pittsylvania Couny
- 15 new cases in Wise County, Salem and Tazewell County
- 12 new cases in Hanover County, Spotsylvania County and Portsmouth
- 10 new cases in Halifax County, Hampton, Henry County and Pulaski County
- 9 new cases in Charlottesville
- 8 new cases in James City County and York County
- 7 new cases in Stafford County
- 6 new cases in Loudoun County, Carroll County, Fluvanna County, Appomattox County, Russell County and Manassas
- 5 new cases in Shenandoah County, Frederick County and Amherst County
- 4 new cases in Scott County, Rockingham County, Radford, Staunton, Richmond County, Fauquier County, Orange County, Warren County and Buchanan County
- 3 new cases in Harrisonburg, Louisa County, Lexington, New Kent County, Caroline County, Suffolk, Wythe County, Colonial Heights, Poquoson and Giles County
- 2 new cases in Powhatan County, Winchester, Danville, Martinsville, Alleghany County, Smyth County, Southampton County, Goochland County, Lancaster County, Northampton County, Manassas Park and Page County
- 1 new case in Greene County, Isle of Wight County, Mecklenburg County, August County, Bristol, Lunenburg County, Patrick County, Galax, Nottoway County, Botetourt County, Amelia County, Essex County, Buckingham County, Brunswick County, Madison County, Gloucester County, Middlesex County, Northumberland County, Fairfax City, Franklin City, Accomack County, King William County, Falls Church, Floyd County and Grayson County
- Waynesboro is now reporting one fewer case.
As of Sunday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,510,113 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.