RICHMOND, Va. – As of November 15, Virginia is now reporting 201,960 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Sunday’s total of 201,960 cases marks an increase from Saturday’s total of 200,799 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of Sunday’s 1,161 new cases:
- 174 new cases in Fairfax County
- 104 new cases in Loudoun County
- 70 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 57 new cases in Prince William County and Arlington County
- 36 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 34 new cases in Henrico County
- 29 new cases in Culpeper County
- 28 new cases in Suffolk
- 23 new cases in Washington County
- 20 new cases in Roanoke City, Hampton and Portsmouth
- 19 new cases in Frederick County
- 18 new cases in Stafford County, Scott County and Franklin County
- 16 new cases in Richmond City, Alexandria and Lee County
- 15 new cases in Fauquier County
- 14 new cases in Wise County
- 13 new cases in Henry County and Albemarle County
- 11 new cases in Shenandoah County and Montgomery County
- 10 new cases in York County, Bedford County and Prince George County
- 9 new cases in Norfolk, Spotsylvania County, Roanoke County and Pulaski County
- 8 new cases in Halifax County, Newport News, Hanover County, Manassas and Isle of Wight County
- 7 new cases in Chesapeake and Lynchburg
- 6 new cases in Smyth County, Tazewell County, Wythe County, Salem and Greene County
- 5 new cases in Winchester, Charlottesville, Martinsville, Alleghany County, Gloucester County, Southampton County, Covington and Appomattox County
- 4 new cases in Lexington, Patrick County, Floyd County and Madison County
- 3 new cases in Buena Vista, Campbell County, Grayson County, Amelia County, Louisa County, Powhatan County, Rockbridge County, Fluvanna County, Orange County, Amherst County and Fairfax County
- 2 new cases in Carroll County, Pittsylvania County, Augusta County, James City County, Warren County, Dickenson County, Accomack County, Giles County, King George County, Prince Edward County, Fredericksburg, Franklin City, Richmond County, Essex County, Nottoway County and Rappahannock County
- 1 new case in Botetourt County, Rockingham County, Galax, King William County, Westmoreland County, Northumberland County, Mecklenburg County, Hopewell, Clarke County, Charles City County, Bland County, Northampton County, Mathews County, Dinwiddie County, Nelson County, Buckingham County and Middlesex County
- Staunton decreased by one case.
As of Sunday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 3,162,458 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.