As of February 8, Virginia is reporting 530,825 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March 2020.
As of Monday, a total of 1,072,748 vaccines have been administered across Virginia, with 195,970 people being fully vaccinated, according to VDH.
Monday’s total of 530,825 cases marks an increase from Saturday’s total of 529,125 cases.
- 219 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 104 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 89 new cases in Fairfax County
- 87 new cases in Prince William County
- 81 new cases in Henrico County
- 77 new cases in Frederick County
- 69 new cases in Norfolk
- 61 new cases in Chesapeake
- 59 new cases in Newport News
- 41 new cases in Arlington County
- 39 new cases in Richmond
- 34 new cases in Augusta County
- 32 new cases in Hampton
- 30 new cases in Spotsylvania County
- 29 new cases in Stafford County and Montgomery County
- 28 new cases in Rockingham County
- 27 new cases in York County
- 24 new cases in Wythe County and James City County
- 17 new cases in Suffolk and Caroline County
- 16 new cases in Harrisonburg
- 15 new cases in Henry County and Lexington
- 14 new cases in Hanover County, Orange County, Isle of Wight County and Waynesboro
- 13 new cases in Fauquier County and Staunton
- 12 new cases in Loudoun County, Lynchburg and Alexandria
- 11 new cases in King George County
- 10 new cases in Gloucester County and Smyth County
- 9 new cases in Louisa County and Warren County
- 8 new cases in Franklin County
- 7 new cases in Hopewell, Portsmouth, Washington County, Culpeper County and Winchester
- 6 new cases in Albemarle County, Roanoke County, Bedford County, Petersburg, Colonial Heights, Charlottesville, Greensville County, Amherst County, Dinwiddie County, Tazewell County, King William County and Northampton County
- 5 new cases in Prince George County, Giles County, Greene County, Rockbridge County, Williamsburg and Rappahannock County
- 4 new cases in Roanoke City, Danville, Pittsylvania County, Richmond County, Wise County, Accomack County, Nelson County, Poquoson, Mathews County, Shenandoah County, Charles City County and Sussex County
- 3 new cases in Mecklenburg County, Appomattox County, Franklin City, New Kent County, Martinsville, Goochland County, Nottoway County, Essex County, Buena Vista, Emporia, Clarke County and Manassas Park
- 2 new cases in Powhatan County, Prince Edward County, Campbell County, Carroll County, Botetourt County, Patrick County, Salem, Charlotte County, Middlesex County, Southampton County, Fluvanna County, Lunenburg County, King and Queen County and Buchanan County
- 1 new case in Manassas, Buckingham County, Halifax County, Fredericksburg, Brunswick County, Westmoreland County, Lee County, Galax, Northumberland County, Bristol, Lancaster County, Covington, Alleghany County, Cumberland County and Fairfax City
- Radford and Floyd County decreased by one
As of Monday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 6,797,457 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.