Smoking materials in mulch cause of Roanoke TGI Fridays fire

Paul Eldert / WSLS 10

ROANOKE, Va. - The TGI Fridays near the Valley View Mall in Roanoke may not be able to re-open for a day or two, according to Chief David Hoback. 

Authorities say they received a call for the fire around 7:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Roanoke Fire EMS says the fire was started because of improperly discarded smoking materials in mulch.

No one was hurt during the incident. 

Valley View Boulevard is open again.

Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.