ROANOKE, Va. - UPDATE
Officials determined that the cause of the Monday afternoon fire was accidental in nature, according to county officials.
Five adults and two children are displaced after the fire, and they are being helped by the property management company.
Authorities say the estimated damages are $30,000.
Fire crews found heavy smoke in the third floor of a Roanoke County apartment building while responding to call Monday afternoon.
Crews responded to the fire at about 12:25 p.m. in the 2100 block of Electric Road in the Oakgrove Apartments in the Cave Spring area.
Crews brought the fire, which was believed to have started bewtween the second and third floors, under control in about 30 minutes.
Those living in about nine apartments will likely be displaced, according to the fire department.
There were no injuries.
There is no estimate on damages at this time.
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.