Overloaded dryer caused laundromat fire on Grandin Road

Six people treated for smoke inhalation

By Katie Potter - Producer

ROANOKE, Va. - Authorities say a misused dyer caused the Sunday night fire.

Police say the dryer was overloaded.


Roanoke Fire Emergency Medical Services is investigating what caused a fire at the Grandin Road laundromat Sunday night.

According to fire officials, fire crews were called around 7:45 p.m. and found heavy smoke upon arrival on the scene.

Six people were treated for smoke inhalation, but fire officials say everyone is OK.

There is no word how much the damages cost.

Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.