BASSETT, Va. - Two families are out of a home Monday after a fire engulfed five buildings in Henry County, according to Matt Tatum, director of Henry County Department of Public Safety.
Crews say they received a call around 2:30 p.m. for a house fire at 10748 Virginia Avenue in Bassett.
Two homes, two storage facilities and an abandoned hotel were involved in the fire that authorities believe was started by a heat lamp in one of the homes.
A total of nine people in two families were displaced, and no injuries were reported.
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.