"Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek poked fun at Thursday's contestants when they left a category on football for last -- and then weren't able to tackle a single clue.
The first clue in the "Tacklin' Football" category was met with complete silence.
More Odd News
- Teacher gives students math equation about cocaine
- Why buy a flamethrower?
- Olive Garden introduces 'Italian nachos'
- 'Mr. Kitty' missing at airport for 5 days
- Elon Musk says he has sold out of flamethrowers
- 'Emotional support' peacock hits the road
- Flight carrying dozens of plumbers diverted due to broken toilet
- Dog qualified for unemployment, man says
- Goodwill employees find grenade launcher, live grenade
- Amateur astronomer discovers NASA satellite lost for 12 years
"I can tell you guys are big football fans," Trebek joked.
The $400, $600 and $800 clues came and went, with zero answers and zero money won.
"Let's look at the $1,000 clue -- just for the fun of it," Trebek said. "If you guys ring in and get this one, I will die."
Surprise! Trebek is still very much alive.
The clue tried (and failed) to get the contestants to name the defensive line that took the Minnesota Vikings to four Super Bowls.
The show teased the episode in a tweet:
Below is the full segment:
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.