WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned / NBC affiliated station in Roanoke, Virginia is seeking a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) to join our News team.
You’ll live and work in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, plus you're only a short drive to major metropolitan areas as well as beaches. WSLS 10 recently moved into a brand new state-of-the-art broadcast facility.
We’re looking for an enterprise story-teller who thrives on reporting people-driven stories on all platforms from broadcast to digital.
• Write, shoot, produce and edit daily news stories, (PKG’s, VOSOT’s, VO’s)
• Work closely with news management and producers to cover pre-planned and breaking news
• Establish and maintain key contacts for cultivating news stories
• Produce content for all platforms including broadcast, web and social media
• One year of successful reporting experience in a television news environment.
• Excellent writing and videography skills. Live reporting experience a must.
• Juggle numerous projects at once in a fast paced environment with persistent deadlines and changing priorities.
• Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
• Positive attitude that includes discretion, maturity, and composure – especially under pressure.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, communication, or other related areas is preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
To apply, please send links of your work, resume and references to:
Rick Moll, WSLS 10 News Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification, and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws.
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.