WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned / NBC affiliated station in Roanoke, Virginia is seeking a Photographer/Editor to join our News team.
You’ll live and work in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, plus you're only a short drive to major metropolitan areas as well as beaches. WSLS 10 recently moved into a brand-new state-of-the-art broadcast facility.
Duties associated include gathering information and making decisions on shots and audio to be used creative broadcast storytelling.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, highly motivated, creative self-starter with strong work ethic.
Must be a team player with the ability to work alone or with a reporter.
Must be able to multi-task and be highly organized.
Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required and be regularly on-call to resolve issues.
• Use video news gathering and editing equipment to create broadcast stories
• Shoot and edit video; shoot live shots as necessary
• Work independently with reporters to gather news content
• Must work with minimal supervision and under deadline pressures
• Must use the ENG truck and Backpack technology as appropriate
• Edit newscasts as required
• Ensure any live shot feed is properly routed and ready for newscasts as required
• General knowledge of television news broadcasting
• Ability to edit with Grass Valley non-linear editing system (EDIUS).
• Ability to use Panasonic/JVC HD cameras.
• Ability to use TVU/LiveU/ENG equipment for live broadcasts.
• Work with others efficiently.
• Possess strong news judgment and digital media savvy
• Non-linear editing experience
• Educational background in communications and/or journalism preferred by not required
• You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Virginia laws
To apply, please send links of your work, resume and references to:
Rick Moll, WSLS 10 News Director: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification, and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws.
Copyright 2018 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.