WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned / NBC affiliated station in Roanoke, Virginia, is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and results-oriented assistant news director to join our news team.
You’ll live, work, and play in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, plus, you’re only a short drive to major metropolitan areas as well as beaches.
The ideal candidate must be a proven newsroom leader who knows how to win breaking news and weather coverage on all platforms, a self-starter.
They will oversee the production of all newscasts and work closely with anchors, reporters and producers on day-to-day and special project coverage.
- Excellent news judgment, storytelling and showcasing skills required.
- Work with producers and reporters to review all scripts.
- Help producers and on-air talent convey urgency and timeliness in newscasts.
- Manage and train newscast producers
- Execute strategic planning across all platforms.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an executive producer or large market producer with at least five years of experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- College degree in Journalism/Communications preferred.
To apply, please send links of your work, resume and references to:
Margaret Ashburn, WSLS 10 News Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
WSLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Virginia law.