Are you the ultimate marketing machine and love the great outdoors? Perfect! Bring your creativity, passion, and dedication to WSLS 10 - located near the Blue Ridge Mountains and Smith Mountain Lake.
WSLS 10, the NBC affiliate in Roanoke has a Promotion Producer opening. The ideal candidate is a master in writing and producing content that triggers emotion and resonates with the target audience - on all platforms. In addition to TV, you must have a vast understanding and love for all things. digital/social. It is necessary for you to know how to make our mediums interconnect. You will need to be able to write, edit, light, shoot, and produce high-end campaigns. Proficient in Wide Orbit, Google Ads Manager or other traffic applications is necessary.
What will set your application apart from others? Have proof which showcases your passion to produce dynamic campaigns, create compelling social content, and that you are digitally savvy.
Think you have what it takes? Show WSLS 10 how you have executed buzz-worthy strategies for all platforms that grow ratings and audience engagement. At least three years of previous marketing experience at a local TV station preferred. Must provide a demo reel and digital samples to be considered.
- High-end editing, lighting, and shooting experience with sharp sound design skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, particularly Premiere and AE.
- Must have knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
- Create compelling station image, topicals, special reports, proof of brand, contests, and other marketing materials - for all platforms.
- Must be highly motivated on your own, well-organized, and able to work under tight deadlines with multiple projects on your plate.
- Fill in topicals and help complete daily station logs.
- Ability to problem-solve, find positive solutions to challenges, pitch innovative ideas.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate projects/ideas clearly.
- You must be able to switch directions quickly and work fluidly between traditional and new media.
- Available to work nights and weekends as required.
- Participate in all off-site or station events.
- Acknowledge and accept other responsibilities and projects will be assigned as needed.
Skills and knowledge requirements:
The qualified candidate has solid news judgement, writes accurately, is a brand cop, and has a deep understanding of emotional marketing. This person should think social and digital-first but understands we’re in the local broadcast business. Experienced in Wide Orbit, Google Ads Manager or other traffic applications. Must know how to properly light at least five people at once; indoors and out. Have a proven track record of successfully working with a team and completing projects. Ability to quickly maneuver between locations during shoots, handle a time-sensitive work environment, and be able to carry or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your resume and completed application to Creative Services Director, Burt Spangler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE to download and complete the employment application.
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
WSLS 10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS 10 will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications, and reference checks.
You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Virginia Law.