Can you make your newscast stand out, be creative, and original? WSLS-TV, the Graham Media Group/NBC affiliate in Roanoke, Virginia, is looking for an experienced television producer. We are looking for someone who is aggressive with breaking news, weather coverage, and showcasing our original, enterprise content.
- The successful candidate will oversee all major components of their assigned newscasts, including writing stories and coordinating with reporters, executive producers, assignment desk staff and the production department
- The successful candidate will also have extensive control room experience and can handle breaking news and spot-news coverage for hours at a time
- He/she must be an active participant in our editorial process, by pitching stories and understanding the use of social media and digital platforms to showcase content on television
- He/she must also be a newscast “doctor,” using our graphics system to showcase stories and write accurate engaging scripts for our staff of seasoned anchors
- Extensive knowledge of television news
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment calmly and manage deadline pressures
- 1-2 years experience as a producer in a television news operation preferred
- College degree in journalism or broadcasting preferred
Please submit your updated resume, reel, cover letter and completed application to:
Amanda Bazemore, Assistant News Director email@example.com
Click HERE to download and complete the employment application.
No phone calls, please.
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
WSLS 10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS 10 will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications, and reference checks.
You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Virginia Law.