WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned / NBC affiliated station in Roanoke, VA is seeking a multimedia journalist (MMJ) to join our news team. You’ll live and work in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
We’re looking for an enterprise storyteller who thrives on reporting people-driven stories on all platforms from broadcast to digital.
- Write, shoot, produce and edit daily news stories, (PKG’s, VOSOT’s, VO’s).
- Work closely with news management and producers to cover pre-planned and breaking news.
- Establish and maintain key contacts for cultivating news stories.
- Produce content for all platforms including broadcast, web, and social media.
- One year of successful reporting experience in a television news environment.
- Excellent writing and videography skills. Live reporting experience a must.
- Juggle numerous projects at once in a fast-paced environment with persistent deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Positive attitude that includes discretion, maturity, and composure – especially under pressure.
- College degree in broadcast journalism, communication, or other related areas is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
To apply, please send links of your work, resume, references and completed application to:
Margaret Ashburn, News Director: email@example.com
Click HERE to download and complete the employment application.
No phone calls, please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
WSLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.