WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned, NBC affiliate in Roanoke, VA is seeking an Editor to join our award-winning staff. You’ll live and work in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, plus you're only a short drive to major metropolitan areas as well as beaches. WSLS 10 recently moved into a brand new state-of-the-art broadcast facility.
The position is responsible for ingesting and editing raw video from a variety of sources for our newscasts. This position will also do some limited videography, once trained.
• Edit news broadcasts and cut-in’s (packages, voice-overs, sots & teases) for newscasts.
• Coordinate with producers on rundowns and scripts while adhering to strict deadlines.
• Coordinate live remotes via ENG & LiveU/TVU for newscasts.
• Work closely as a team player in a competitive environment with producers, reporters, videographers, assignment desk.
• Multi-talented individual with 1-year experience preferred as an editor. Possible consideration for entry level with college editing experience.
• Edit quickly and accurately on non-linear edit systems. We edit with Grass Valley (Edius) system.
• Juggle numerous projects at once in a fast paced environment with persistent deadlines and changing priorities.
• Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
• Positive attitude that includes discretion, maturity, and composure – especially under pressure.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
To apply, please send links of your work, resume and references to:
Rick Moll, WSLS 10 News Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification, and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws.
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.