WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned, NBC affiliate in Roanoke, VA is seeking an experienced multi-media journalist (MMJ) to join our award winning staff.
We’re looking for an enterprise storyteller who thrives on reporting people-driven stories on all platforms, from broadcast to digital.
This position will operate out of our Southside bureau, which is located in Danville, Virginia. You’ll cover three counties: Henry, Pittsylvania, and Halifax counties along the Virginia/North Carolina border.
There’s a lot of news that’s generated in this portion of our viewing area so we need someone who can hit the ground running from day one.
• Work closely with news management and producers to cover pre-planned and breaking news events
• Shoot, write and edit news stories
• Produce content for our television, web and social media platforms
• Multi-task on tight deadlines and do active live shots.
• Shoot, write and edit stories for same day air
• Work closely with producers from a remote location
• Report live for various newscasts as determined by news management
• Create content for digital platforms, including wsls.com
• Candidate should have a minimum of one year of television news experience
• A college degree in broadcast journalism, communication, or other related area is preferred
To apply, please send links of your work, resume and references to:
Rick Moll, WSLS 10 News Director: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification, and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws.
Copyright 2018 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.