• The Director will be responsible for prepping and directing error free and high quality live newscasts along with taped content.
• The Director must be able to handle strict deadlines, communicate efficiently with their co-workers, news producers and other members of the news department.
• Director’s job responsibilities also include running teleprompter on occasion, maintaining studio, editing video for web publishing and provide help with master control duties when needed.
• Directors will work with the IGNITE automated control room system. This system includes robotic studio cameras, multiple HD Video and audio sources.
• Directors will need to be proficient with other systems used in the Production of a Newscast which include AP/ENPS, Miranda Graphics, Grass Valley Stratus, The Weather Company (formally WSI) weather system and BDL Autoscript prompting software.
Strong communication skills are essential in this position, and television newscast directors must be able to think quickly on their feet and solve problems in real time. Diplomacy is also important, as they must maintain ethical, editorial, and moral integrity throughout the broadcast. These directors must understand every phase of a newscast, including reporting, news planning, editing, and production, and they may help develop story ideas.
To apply please send your resume and references to:
Amit Patel, WSLS 10 Production Supervisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
WSLS 10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS 10 will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment / education verifications and reference checks.