WSLS 10 News, the Graham Media Group-owned / NBC affiliated station in Roanoke, Virginia is seeking a digital journalist to join its web team, WSLS.com, to elevate our web product on all platforms: desktop, mobile, and socially. Roanoke is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. From an array of outdoor attractions to being just a short drive to major metropolitan cities along the East Coast, the Roanoke Valley has it all.
The Web News Producer will be responsible for creating and posting day-to-day content for WSLS.com, including articles, images, videos, media galleries and other web-related projects. You’ll partner with Graham Digital on support, training, and implementation for current and new products and platforms.
• The position is also an integral part of our social media coverage, including posting and monitoring daily.
• The ideal candidate will have online news experience, including an in-depth knowledge of content creation, digital video and image editing, and working with a content management system.
• We’re looking for someone who will jump right into an exciting, fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-pressure environment.
• Hours may include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• At least one year experience in online journalism, social media and SEO
• College degree in Journalism/Communications preferred
• Able to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment
• Strong writing and proofreading skills (candidate will take a writing test)
• Sound editorial judgment
• Proficient with digital publishing tools as well as the ENPS, image editing software and basic HTML.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of southwest/central Virginia a plus.
To apply, please send links of your work, resume and references to:
Rick Moll, WSLS 10 News Director: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification, and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws.
Copyright 2018 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.