Salem (WSLS) Salem Fire & EMS responded to a fire at 1112 Roanoke Blvd. this evening at approximately 5:41 p.m.
The fire department says three people were at home at the time of the fire and all three got out without injury.
Firefighters arrived within four minutes of receiving the call, and found smoke coming from the rear of the building.
They were able to contain the fire within eight minutes.
The fire department says the fire began on a stove and has been ruled accidental by the Salem Fire Marshal's Office.
Damage is estimated to be $15,000.
All three people were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved