ROANOKE, Va – High pressure to Florence's north will stop the storm in its tracks and even steer it south. This further south track continues to look more likely, which is better news for the commonwealth, not for the Carolinas.
While the catastrophic rain totals will shift south with the storm, several inches of rain will still be possible through Wednesday.
- A few extra clouds. Stray storm
- Wind gusts 30-40 mph
- Outer rain bands from Florence. Very heavy rain within these bands.
- 1-3" of Rain possible, isolated higher in stronger storms.
- Isolated flash flooding possible, especially in areas that have seen heavy rain lately
- Staying gusty
MONDAY - WEDNESDAY
- Remnants of Florence.
- Heavy rain possible.
- 1-3" of rain possible for most areas.
- 3-7 inches possible in the Mountain Empire, I-77 corridor
Expected rain from Saturday through Wednesday:
Catastrophic flooding is possible in eastern South and North Carolina.